Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup coconut sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. table salt
1.5 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the butter, coconut sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
4. Now mix the dry and wet mixtures together and add your oats, raisins and walnuts (if using them).
5. You can choose to chill the dough for a little while, or bake the cookies right away. The cookies will be less thick if baked immediately.
6. Drop the cookies 2 inches apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, taking them out when golden at the edges, but still a little undercooked-looking on top.
7. Let them sit on the hot baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool.