Power-up your morning with this protein packed egg white omelet!
Total Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min
8 large egg whites (1 cup)
Ground black pepper (to taste)
Non-stick cooking spray
3/4 sliced mushrooms
2 green onions, chopped, keep 1 for garnish
1/2 medium tomato, chopped
3 Tbsp. shredded cheddar cheese (3/4 oz.)
1. Combine egg whites with pepper (if desired) in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
2. Heat a small nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium heat.
3. Add mushrooms, green onion and tomato; cook for 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Remove from skillet.
4. Place eggs in skillet; cook over medium-low heat. Do not stir. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
5. When eggs are almost set, add vegetable mixture and cheese. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese starts to melt. Gently fold in half.
6. Garnish with green onion and tomato, if desired.
Sat. Fat: 5g