Coconut French Toast
3 egg whites
1/2 cup coconut milk
1tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 slices clean, whole grain bread, such as Ezekiel bread
1/4 cup dry coconut flakes
Honey or Pur maple syrup for topping
1. In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites, coconut milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
2. Submerge the bread into the mixture, being sure to turn it several times to get all sides
coated and wet.
3. Lightly coat a non-stick pan with cooking spray and cook on medium heat until the bread is cooked through, paying special attention to being sure that the egg and the middle of the bread slices are cooked through.
4. Put the toast on a plate and sprinkle each piece with 1tbsp. of coconut flakes.
5. Add a little honey or syrup to taste and some fresh fruit if you would like.
6. Serve and enjoy!!!