Baked Chicken Tenders
8 strips 99% fat free chicken (you can use halved chicken breast)
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
1tsp. crumbled dried oregano
1 tsp. chipotle chili powder
3 egg whites
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1. Start by preheating your oven to 400F. If you're not using a non-stick baking sheet, spray your pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cut each of the chicken breasts into long strips, creating tenders.
3. In one bowl, beat the 3 egg whites.
4. In a separate bowl, mix bread crumbs, parmesan, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper.
5. Dip each chicken tender into the egg whites and then the dry ingredient mixture, making sure to coat well. Then place each chicken tender on baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, turn each finger over and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes. Cook until they are nicely browned and cooked through. You can put them in the broiler for a few minutes to help them get extra crispy!
7. Serve with your favorite clean dipping sauce and enjoy your childhood memories!!